Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion. – Simon Sinek
Simon Sinek has hit the mark with the above quote. The first sentence pretty much sums up what the majority of people are experiencing, as it relates to job satisfaction. The second sentence sums up, what the majority of people desire- to follow their dreams and live a life filled with passion and purpose. Most miss out on a passion filled career or life, because they have yet to effectively identify their why.
How do you identify your why?
Ask yourself these questions:
- What would you do if money was not an issue?
- What excites and inspires you to want more out of life?
- What would you do to be of service to others?
- What would make wake up with a smile?
- What memories would you want to create for you children / family?
- What legacy would you want to leave behind?
Identifying your why will provide your life and or your work experience with more meaning and purpose. It will add fuel to the fire and keep you going, even when you feel like giving up. Giving up, means you have yet to identify your why or it’s simply missing the mark (your true passion).
Below are two great books, that will help you find your why. Also see the Ted Talk video below with Simon Sinek. Find your Why and start living the life, you were meant to live!//z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=4ca5f7c2-aa1d-43d1-bdb2-2974c24022cf