Have you ever sat in school and wondered how is writing this essay on ” Blah, blah, blah” going to help me in life? We questioned the assignment, because at the time it had very little to no relevance in our lives. The topic was usually picked for us by our teachers, therefore our choice was limited, and bared little interest. Well, now you are out of school and the choice is yours, to write what you choose. You can pick the topic and use it to your advantage, your financial advantage!
We are living in age of information and social media addictions. People everywhere, every day, every hour, are scouring the internet either looking for valuable information or looking for a way to connect and communicate with others. Each one of us, is filled with knowledge, information, and experiences that in some way can help others, and guess what? People are willing to pay you for what you know, or even just to be entertained!
Of course, no one is going to pay for informational crap. What you provide in your writing must be of some value to others. Your written works should also be trustworthy, inspiring, and relevant. No, you don’t have to be a best selling author / writer to generate an income. Where you are right now, is good enough, just get started. Writing from home can be very rewarding.
Here are some steps to take to get you started on you writing journey:
- Pick a topic of interest that will help or inspire others in some way (suggestions: health, finance, traveling, personal development, career objectives).
- Read books and research the topic. Good readers, make great writers!
- Practice writing every day or at least several times a week.
- Re-write and or edit your written work. Use an editor or good grammar tool to help you write your best.
- Determine your platform for publishing your written works
- Keep working at it! It will pay off!